Tuesday, April 3, 2007

The Beatles and Jefferson Airplane


I happen to be taking Pop Music this semester, and class has definitely reawakened my interest in older music, especially stuff from the late 60's psychedelic era (oh how I wish I had been in San Fransisco in the summer of '67...) Anyway, I've been listening to a lot of Beatles lately, and I have a few "current favorites," most notably "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" "Yellow Submarine" "Eleanor Rigby" "Glass Onion" and "I am the Walrus." I'm pretty sure that my roommates are sick of my playing Beatles songs over and over... That's why I also play some Jefferson Airplane from time to time! On that note, I would like to point out that Grace Slick has an amazing voice. By far my favorite album from Jefferson Airplane is Surrealistic Pillow, which contains my two favorite songs -- "White Rabbit" and "Embyronic Journey" (I have been playing music other than these two bands, of course, but they are currently the top contenders for most plays on my iPod...)

If you haven't listened to any Beatles or Jefferson Airplane lately, I would strongly suggest doing so. It's good for you heart and soul, I promise.

No comments: